The Nolan Ryan Foundation
The Nolan Ryan Foundation , a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was formed in Alvin, Texas in 1990. Nolan and Ruth generously give their time for signing and other fund-raising efforts that enable the Foundation to provide resources for youth, education, and community development.
The construction of the $1.2 million Nolan Ryan Center was the first project the Foundation completed and was donated to Alvin Community College in the fall of 1996. The College uses this building for their Continuing Education Department, and leases back a portion of the building to the Foundation for the Nolan Ryan Exhibit Center. Since that time, funds have been disbursed for projects such as fulfilling a pledge to the Greater Houston YMCA as they bring a new facility to Alvin, Texas, sponsoring teacher conferences, and supporting other local community projects.
We invite you to take part in our efforts by visiting our online store, where you can purchase items autographed by Nolan. We also have information on how you can have Nolan sign your own memorabilia!
Nolan Ryan Exhibit Center
In the fall of 1996, the $1.2 million Nolan Ryan Center was completed and donated to Alvin Community College with space leased within the building for the Nolan Ryan Exhibit which opened in early 1999.
Some of the highlights in the Exhibit Hall are:
- A small theater providing insight into Nolan's character and his journey towards excellence.
- An interactive pitch-catch exhibit where the visitor "feels" a Nolan Ryan fastball in a catcher's mitt.
- Videos of Nolan's career with the Mets, Angels, Astros and Rangers.
- Stats and exclusive photos of Nolan's 27-year career in Major League Baseball.
- Essays with pictorials by Talmage Boston, baseball historian.
- A Rawlings Hall of Records depicting Nolan's 5,714 strikeouts (replica strikeout balls may be purchased and "owners" are listed in a computer database as part of a kiosk center which allows all types of statistical information to be reviewed).
- Nolan's seven no-hitters depicted in photos, video and broadcast audio.
The Nolan Ryan Exhibit and Center is open Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Exhibit is closed on Sundays.
Admission to the Exhibit is $5 for adults, $2.50 for students and seniors, children under 6 are admitted free. Group rates are available. Children under 12 must be escorted by an adult. No backpacks or strollers are allowed. For additional information, please call (281) 388-1134.